Mission & Strategic Goals
The Gateway Unified School District Will:
Create and sustain a culture of learning embedded with high expectations, a positive work ethic, and accountability for students, staff, parents and community
Value the uniqueness of each student and their family
- Foster caring relationships among students and adults through mutual trust and respect
- Provide a safe, supportive and orderly learning environment for all to learn and work
- Ensure adequate time for students to demonstrate proficiencies;
- Incorporate relevancy into rigorous academic learning experiences
- Engage all students to develop character, social/emotional assets and prepare students to respect and celebrate diversity
- Provide and maintain facilities that meet the future academic needs of students
- Support staff members in their commitment to meeting the needs of all learners
- Provide students with the education needed to be competitive, productive, and successful in the 21st century.
Providing Excellence in Learning: Every Student, Every Day
"Preparing your children for college and career success with a 21st century learning experience"Our Vision
A clear and articulated mission through which the staff shares an understanding of and a commitment to instructional goals, priorities, assessment and accountability
- All students can achieve mastery of the intended curriculum
- The staff has the capacity and the responsibility to help all students achieve mastery
- Students may not opt out of learning
- Strong instructional leadership is imperative
- Providing significant time for instruction in the essential skills promotes student learning
- Students learn best when actively engaged in teacher-directed planned learning activities
- A safe, supportive, caring, and respectful environment is critical to student learning
- Parents and the community play a vital role in a student's educational success
- Strong co-curricular and extracurricular programs support learning
- Education is directly related to an improved quality of life.
Exhibit appropriate interpersonal skills, self-discipline, and self-confidence;
Exhibit respect for others and property
- Demonstrate language literacy in a variety of settings as a reader, writer, listener, observer and speaker
- Demonstrate competency in mathematical and scientific reasoning and apply critical thinking to solve problems in and out of school
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the humanities and arts
- Exhibit a commitment to health and wellness
- Demonstrate technological literacy
- Demonstrate understanding of the principles of democracy and develop skills to become responsible citizens
- Demonstrate an awareness of career opportunities connecting personal strengths to various career pathways and develop a post-graduation plan.
- Gateway Unified School District will work in partnership with parents and the community to assure that all students meet or exceed state standards. Developing and sustaining high performing schools for all PreK-12 students to graduate career and college ready without remediation.
- Gateway Unified School District students/staff will learn and work in a safe, supportive and caring environment.
- Gateway Unified School District will engage with the community to meet the District's Mission and Vision.
- Gateway Unified School District will ensure that the work force is highly qualified and well trained.
- Gateway Unified School District will provide and maintain facilities and grounds that enhance student learning and accommodate student capacity.
- Gateway Unified School District will be fiscally accountable to the public and will allocate resources based on Board Goals.