The regular driver will orient students regarding basic expectations in the first couple of days of school.
Within the first few months of school, students will receive training in safe riding practices and evacuation of a school bus which may be supplemented by classroom activities. This is for Pre-K to 8th grade students.
By law, students must remain seated at all times, must keep all body parts and objects inside the windows of the bus, and must follow all directions of the driver.
The driver must be responsible for the safe transportation of as many as 84 passengers, so the fewer the distractions, the safer the ride will be.
Five Basic Rules to Safe Riding:
- Parents teach your kids these 5 basic rules...
- Follow the instructions of your bus driver.
- Remain seated at all times.
- Keep your head and arms inside the bus at all times.
- Please no loud talking or boisterous conduct.
- Please no eating or drinking of any kind on the bus.