The Instructional Services Department is responsible for providing support to school sites and departments in the area of district-adopted and site-adopted instructional materials. The primary functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitate the evaluation, selection, adoption, ordering, distribution, and monitoring of instructional materials in the district's K-12 programs.
- Ensure compliance with California Education Code and Williams legislation in the area of instructional materials sufficiency.
- Assist school sites with providing sufficient instructional materials for all pupils in core subject areas and ensure these instructional materials are aligned to the content standards and consistent with the cycles of the curriculum frameworks adopted by the State Board of Education.
- Support research-based professional development to ensure our teachers and staff are highly-trained in engaging and effective teaching strategies
- Work closely with school sites to ensure all students receive English Language Development (ELD) instruction during the school day.